October 17, 2008
- During the weekend, Melissa, Neil, Sarah and I checked out a some model homes in several neighborhoods throughout the Las Vegas Valley. In two neighborhoods, they indicated that they were almost sold out. . .only six or so homes left. Good news, right?
Well, not exactly.
After asking a bit more, the builder simply decided to stop building (for now). Depending on the neighborhood, there were 20-40 empty lots that were going to stay empty until the economy recovers. I would guess those folks living in those neighborhoods aren’t terribly happy.
- Saw online a house in our area that was being foreclosed. The price was AMAZING. In reviewing the photos of the interior of the house, I saw that all the cabinetry in the kitchen were missing. I emailed the Realtor:
ME: What happened to all the kitchen cabinets in this house?
REALTOR: The kitchen cabinets were all missing when we first gained access to the property upon our assignment from the bank. So as far as we know they were stolen previous to that. We don’t know by who.
Huh?!? Who steals the cabinets out of a house?!? For the love of god, if you can’t afford the house, you don’t get to keep the cabinets as a parting gift.
October 14, 2008
Greetings, mortals. In this edition of the Living in Las Vegas Podcast, we recount (and listen to) the blood-curdling, bone-chilling screams of our October Listener MeetUp at the ultra-spooky Asylum. Show notes:
- Weather/Pool Report: ch-Ch-CHILLY
- LiLV Stuff
- Listener Line: 206.312.0105
- Sign up for email alerts!
- Mouse Killer
- October MeetUp at THE ASYLUM
- Gordon Biersch
- The Asylum
- More Gordon Biersch
October 7, 2008
For all the ghouls and goblins planning to join us for the October Listener Meetup, which will include a trip to The Asylum haunted house, we will be meeting at 6:30PM at Gordon Biersch in Summerlin. The plan is to have a couple drinks then head on over for the spooky part of the evening. After we all collectively listen to Melissa scream bloody murder for 15-20 minutes, we’ll decide upon a place to continue the evening’s festivities.
Meeting Location: Gordon Biersch (750 S. Rampart Blvd, 702.487.6463)
Date: Saturday, October 11, 2008
Time: 6:30PM for drinks
Attire: Depends (that is, if you have a weak bladder)
As always, Melissa and I are looking forward to another great time with our listeners!
See you on Saturday!