June 20, 2009
I think it’s safe to say that for those of us who live in Las Vegas, there is no better place to enjoy a “Staycation” (a vacation in your own town) than right here. . .in the town that REALLY never sleeps. For this edition of the Living in Las Vegas Podcast, we take you on an overnight trip to the Strip, from a local’s perspective. Show notes:
- Weather (getting better) / LiLV Pool (8 degrees from nirvana)
- LiLV Stuff
- Listener Line: 206.312.0105
- Sign up of Email Alerts (form found on right side of our website)
- Trader Vics – Dead
- Cosibella Homes – Gone
- Get GREAT Sales Coaching at QBS Live Mondays
- PodWorx is producing a LIVE LASIK Procedure this Tuesday at 5pm
- Listener Email: Recap of a meetup with a LiLV listener, nice feedback and guitar strings, a question about LiLV video
- Thanks Jacquie!
- Caesar’s Palace Petite Suite
- The Pool (these people are very shiny)
- Window Shopping at Belagio
- The Atrium at Belagio
- Serendipity 3 and Osmond Teeth
- Caesar’s Forum Shops (the best mall in the world. . .for men)
- Seahorse Lounge
- Rhumbar at The Mirage
- Late Dinner
- Hot and Horrible: Michael Mina
June 17, 2009
Join Melissa and me as we take in a 51’s AAA baseball game this Saturday. This is one of our favorite things to do in Las Vegas and will be our first visit for 2009.
Good food. Good drink. Good folks. Mediocre baseball.
Ah, I love this town.
Date: Saturday, June 20, 2009
Location: Cashman Field (850 Las Vegas Blvd), in front of ticket windows
June 17, 2009
It’s amazing how time flies when life happens. What with Melissa’s work, my new business offerings (Live Streaming Video productions), house guests, graduating kids, and a variety of other odds and ends, it’s been over seven weeks since our last podcast (art gallery, re-piping our house, Miss USA, and Brit Brit).
Well, let’s fix that, shall we?
Melissa and I have finally found time in our schedule to record our next show! The plan is to record the show this Saturday morning and I’ll have it online sometime Saturday afternoon. This will be an audio-only show.
On the video front, I am planning a whole new “product” moving forward.
I plan to keep the Live Streaming Video alive when we record some of our full audio episodes. In addition, instead of then deploying a video of what is an existing audio episode, we’ve got something else in mind that will be shorter, completely separate from our regular episodes, and, if the Gods of Podcast deems doable, more frequent in nature.
Stay tuned (and if you’re in Las Vegas, hire somebody)!
June 17, 2009
I just read that for the month of May, Nevada unemployment rate rose to 11.2%. The previous high was 10.7% in December of 1982.
In Las Vegas, unemployment went from 10.4% in April to 11.1% in May, according to the Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation.
There are about 155,000 Nevadans out of work.